Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alfa model - warplane - buy or no buy??

since last month when I saw the alfa model of warplane on sale.. I have been dreaming of them every nights (almost ).. I have never seen such a beautiful finishing war-plane (out-of-box) damn nice and solid u gotto see it too believe

so till today, the itchy backside feeling is still warm.. but not sure should I get it or not. reason, the price is not cheap for a foam plane. $200+ for a ARF foam plane

need comment and feedback for those who hv try/fly/madien/see alfa model war plane b4.. it is really worth investing???

I've not owned one before or seen one fly personally but all the reports I have read about Alfa's models have been very good. I agree with you, the level of scale detailing and quality of finish on these models are just simply out of this world. I guess that a Rolls Royce plane has to come with a Rolls Royce price tag too. The upside is that you will not get the Alfas mistaken for a GWS at the flight line for sure. They are in a class of their own. I had a look at the Mig when it first arrived and was drooling at it. I was most tempted to part with my cash for it if not for the reminder that I have a pile of kits that are yet to be built.
    To win........one must not lose.

Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Shark
      since last month when I saw the alfa model of warplane on sale.. I have been dreaming of them every nights (almost ).. I have never seen such a beautiful finishing war-plane (out-of-box) damn nice and solid u gotto see it too believe

so till today, the itchy backside feeling is still warm.. but not sure should I get it or not. reason, the price is not cheap for a foam plane. $200+ for a ARF foam plane

need comment and feedback for those who hv try/fly/madien/see alfa model war plane b4.. it is really worth investing???
      Hi Shark,
      I own a Alfa Cosair for quite sometimes and it's still servcing me well.

Good things about this little warbird is that.
      1. Its easy to built as all linkage had been done in factory.
      Just need to install electronics that's all.
      2. Clean air frame, flys vey well if compare to its class of warbirds.
      3. Semi scale looking.
      weak point of this bird are :-
      1. Price $$ ( some people might think that the price is too steep for a foam plane, end of the day its up to individual.)
      2. you will need to paint the pilot that comes with the kit.

So do you think its worth to invest on it?

Comment

Yeah i'm gonna get myself a alfa model cosair laterz ! hehehe
        GWS EStarter (Retired),GWS SpitFire (Retired),GWS Zero Fighter (Flying) , T2M Interceptor Ver3(Flying) ,3D foamy Sukhoi (Flying) ,T2M (EPro SoarEasy) (Flying) ,Miss America P51-Mustang (NIB) , Multiplex Easy Glider (Flying) , Alfa models Nakajima Hayate Fighter (Flying) , Fliton Extra 330 Mini(NIB) , Esprit Models Sokol (Flying) , HET Super Sniper (Flying) Esprit Models Scorpion (Flying) , Multiplex Fun Jet (NIB)

Comment

Originally posted by medium
          Yeah i'm gonna get myself a alfa model cosair laterz ! hehehe
          KNN I am aiming on that one too...

LOL just kidding u .. honestly I also aiming on the cosair but not this version (tri-color).. I prefer the orginal black with yellow crow version.

btw wat time u going??? and beside SHS, where else got sell??

Comment

Originally posted by ER69
            Hi Shark,
            I own a Alfa Cosair for quite sometimes and it's still servcing me well.

Good things about this little warbird is that.
            1. Its easy to built as all linkage had been done in factory.
            Just need to install electronics that's all.
            2. Clean air frame, flys vey well if compare to its class of warbirds.
            3. Semi scale looking.
            weak point of this bird are :-
            1. Price $$ ( some people might think that the price is too steep for a foam plane, end of the day its up to individual.)
            2. you will need to paint the pilot that comes with the kit.

So do you think its worth to invest on it?
            thank bro...I think there is only 3 words I gotto say ......

MAI TU LIAO

Comment

ok.. for those who are also aiming on the alfa model, let us share our "dream" plane..

I hoping to get the following plane(s)

Choice 1 - P47-Thunderbolt (I like the shape of the fuseage, look like a 80s rocket and it also the easiest to fly and glide better)

Choice 2 - F4U Cosair (I like the form factor and the design of the wings)

Choice 3 - P51D Mustang - sliver with yellow tail design. (I like because P51D is always my all-time-fav warplane)

heeheee..so anyone want to sponser me???

Comment

Originally posted by Shark
                heeheee..so anyone want to sponser me???
                Have you tried ilovepiglet???

Comment

We on the other side also had been talking about alfa model

Yeah, its one of the top choices for warbird and ducted fan etc. Understand SHS sells the MIG-15 from Alfa but I don think I saw a warbird.

Just like you, I also quite "Sim Tei" paying such a price but I cannot stop myself kept looking at hobby-lobby site

I am not sure if Mr Frederick of SHS can get us special price if we consoildated order .... let me try get him an email .... no harm

Cheers

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by $h@d0w
                    Have you tried ilovepiglet???

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh u know I know can liao.. dun need to let the women know.. ok

Comment

Originally posted by HZM
                      We on the other side also had been talking about alfa model

Yeah, its one of the top choices for warbird and ducted fan etc. Understand SHS sells the MIG-15 from Alfa but I don think I saw a warbird.

Just like you, I also quite "Sim Tei" paying such a price but I cannot stop myself kept looking at hobby-lobby site

I am not sure if Mr Frederick of SHS can get us special price if we consoildated order .... let me try get him an email .... no harm

Cheers

Mike
                      agreed.maybe we should all talk to SHS about giving DH members special dicsount... cos eveytime I ask him for discount, he always said..very cheap liao..cannot give dicsount anymore...

ya, the MiG-15 is damn power, come with a ducted fan installed.. u just need to add motor.. the finishing and painting is superd nice... the other koera Mig-86(correct??) also very nice..got a fat dargon as the decal

the other warbirds that SHS carry include P47, F4U, P51D, Zero, LA-7 and one more german plane..

bro.. u dun need to see hobby-link ..just goto alfamodel.com.cz and download the pic..now I have the P47 CowHound version as my lappy wallpaper

Comment

how about that, lets have a feel how many ppl is interested in getting the Alfa Warbird. No promise at the moment but I would target say 10% off their nett price for consolidate order. Once there is a expected number of interested buyer, I will try and make a trip to discuss further. If we can get 15-20 sets, I think we had better chance of better pricing.

Alfa Model
                        1)Mike
                        2)
                        3)

Comment

I want their Mustang

Comment

mike have u seen their black mustang : sweet!!!
                            i'm a rc sotong. And i know nuts about it.

Comment

Alfa Model
                              1)Mike
                              2)Ammo
                              3)

Comment

Working...
                              X