Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fly Responsibly & Never Compromise Safety!!!

Well, it is truly our condolences to the child pertaining what happened. It is a lesson learnt for the public never underestimate the equipments as a toy & always stay a distance away.

Most public will never understand how fast & dangerous the props or our blades are, when they swings. Therefore NEVER fly near public when there are people walking around, NEVER ever fly above people heads, NEVER fly behind people with your windows going behind losing control! Public are not yet entirely educated of the danger of our professional hobbies, the time & effort of building it up & the precision & tolerances we are after.

Flying these equipments are like flying or handling a car. Eyes have to be always on the machine & never lose sight. Sufficient regular consistent practices have to be frequent if demonstrations are to be conducted for events. Crowds has to stay far as what our brothers pointed for their safety. With regards to different sites performance, flight safety measures have to be implemented & interference has to be eradicated of models of any possible chance of failure. Never fly near heavy activity zones for any loss of signals.

We had experiences flying 90sized birds in convoy earlier last year volunteer work National Scouts with our groups & a signal lost caused by interference nearby twice different days resulting a down crash of the model coming back 3 football fields away at considerable heights. Even with us who flies almost everyday, safety has to be always paramount & immediate prior with experience. Taking off from storeys & coming back with big models are no easy task for everyone & it takes confidence to do it.

Many close calls are unwanted for, as I've seen real instances of shocks in their faces even close in front of them. Anyone doing tests or maiden flights must always start far away. Fliers who does frequent are generally more aware of the health in their models & are responsible for what they handle. Never take for granted any possible gamble & always stay alert!

Take great care handling equipments brothers & always have priority for safety of the people around you.

Regards

Dave
    Team Anchorvale & Compassvale Plains RC Fliers
    RC Helicopters Group
    1. Mikado Logo 800 XXtreme;Mikado Logo 600
    2. Align 700N DFC;600EFL;600Nx3;550E;700E,Flasher 600E
    3. Aeolus 50Nx2,Aeolus 50Ex2
    4. Thunder Tiger X50N;X50E
    5. Compass 6HV;Compass7HVx2;Atom 500Ex3;Compass 3DPlus N,WARP360
    6. Velocity 50N,Srimok 90N,Protos 500E,TZ90N
    7. Goblin 90E,GAUI X7,KDS700E;KDS550E,
    8. Mingda MD7/8,M3D600Ex2,Assault 700Ex2,RUSH750
    9. Agile 7.2x2, Agile 5.5,Curtis Rave Ballistic 90ENV
    10. KDS Chase 360,GAUI X3 x 2,Goblin 380
    & 500s,450s,250s in deep slumber

Comment

Flying Correct Types of Equipment in Right Areas & Keep Vigilant Lookout

Last but not least, the types of models have to be ensured flying in right places.

NEVER fly Nitro equipments in Public Housing Blocks or near Public premises where high pitch noise & smoke consistently dissipates. I can understand startup procedures but never ever lift off the ground!

Should damages or disputes occur within friends, settle issues or medical within group amiably. Should heavy infliction or irreversible conditions occur, file a report with authorities, draft letters & indemnity statements with prior insurance for the affected.

Always keep a lookout or have people watching your backs for any people or children running across or near to you, in between u & any size of models.

Take Great Care Again!!!

Dave
      Team Anchorvale & Compassvale Plains RC Fliers
      RC Helicopters Group
      1. Mikado Logo 800 XXtreme;Mikado Logo 600
      2. Align 700N DFC;600EFL;600Nx3;550E;700E,Flasher 600E
      3. Aeolus 50Nx2,Aeolus 50Ex2
      4. Thunder Tiger X50N;X50E
      5. Compass 6HV;Compass7HVx2;Atom 500Ex3;Compass 3DPlus N,WARP360
      6. Velocity 50N,Srimok 90N,Protos 500E,TZ90N
      7. Goblin 90E,GAUI X7,KDS700E;KDS550E,
      8. Mingda MD7/8,M3D600Ex2,Assault 700Ex2,RUSH750
      9. Agile 7.2x2, Agile 5.5,Curtis Rave Ballistic 90ENV
      10. KDS Chase 360,GAUI X3 x 2,Goblin 380
      & 500s,450s,250s in deep slumber

Comment

There are times when things just don't go the way we want them to, but a good preventive measure for nitro heli will be to use digital servos for the throttle, and then strap a rubber band pulling it to the close position which will shut the throttle closed in case of power lost, and not sure if people still make any effort to set fail safe on their RX to a good idle position?, and drop the heli minus the power (throttle cut) if a link pop out..

Comment

Scoll down on d page for d vid of Heli gng down. Pics from reports show it's a 700sizer.
          Conquer Your Stick!!

Comment

My bad, the "lol" was uncalled for. There are a few ways of saying "lol". I meant the shocked and the kind of "lol" akin to "what the heck, such things can happen???" if you get what I mean. Its like "Iol??????" With lots of question marks above my head.

My apologies to those who misunderstood.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaen View Post
              Thats a little extreme... you don't have to ban cars because of a single accident.
              That said... IMHO helicopters are just too dangerous... flying lawnmowers...

We don't have enough flying fields where we can safely play our RC toys...
              What to do? ..
              I'm not advocating a ban on RC, it sure is overboard. Just because something is dangerous does not mean we shouldn't do it. Those who disagree with the above statement, think about this: is crossing the road dangerous? Oh heck it is. Then why do it?

The point I was trying to make was that its impossible to eliminate all accidents. Yes you can preempt accidents by having good safety measures, but you can never prevent them from happening. Note the difference in the words.

If you're doing RC, then you're putting your, and other people's (those who are in the vicinity) lives on a gamble, however minimal the risk might be. There still is a risk. Whether you win or lose the gamble, no one can possibly tell.

Comment

Originally posted by perdification View Post
                My bad, the "lol" was uncalled for. There are a few ways of saying "lol". I meant the shocked and the kind of "lol" akin to "what the heck, such things can happen???" if you get what I mean. Its like "Iol??????" With lots of question marks above my head.

My apologies to those who misunderstood.
                +1 no prob bro...
                sigpicWhy give yourself boundaries when the world has none...

Comment

From reading the news report and watching the youtube vid, it seems a crowd of people were under the helis and throwing things up at them.
                  www.rov.sg

Comment

Originally posted by quadflyer View Post
                    From reading the news report and watching the youtube vid, it seems a crowd of people were under the helis and throwing things up at them.
                    As RC Flyers, if we see people under our models throwing things up at the model, it's a sign to RTL immediately. It's just irrational to continue flying...

Comment

Many things we do in life, leisure, and especially even at work, for some of us, carries some risk.

At work, we do risk assessments to determine worst case what could happen, and if the consequence is too great to bear, then we have to take action to mitigate the risk. But we don't stop doing the activity (that could be dangerous)...

Same thing for RC, or any leisure activity that carries some risk, even cycling and driving.
                      ------------------------------
                      Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
                      NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

Originally posted by foxkilo View Post
                        Many things we do in life, leisure, and especially even at work, for some of us, carries some risk.

At work, we do risk assessments to determine worst case what could happen, and if the consequence is too great to bear, then we have to take action to mitigate the risk. But we don't stop doing the activity (that could be dangerous)...

Same thing for RC, or any leisure activity that carries some risk, even cycling and driving.
                        Exactly my point. What's more important i believe, is to know what to do after an incident happens. I was just thinking about it just now. If I were piloting, and I crashed my model into, thereby injuring someone, would I know what to do at that point in time? How would I react? This applies to all beginners and experts alike.

Ask yourselves the same question. If you have an answer, and can act swiftly and decisively, then I'd say that you're well prepared. If you're like me, and your mind just goes blank, then I think Dave's post above is worth a read. At least you'll have an idea of the steps to take when faced with such a tragedy.

I came into RC not realising that I didn't, and wouldn't know what to do in the event of a crash injuring someone. Now, at least, I have a clearer picture. This is really really important. Most of us start flying and take it for granted that we wouldn't crash into people and injure them, including me.

Comment

Originally posted by perdification View Post
                          Exactly my point. What's more important i believe, is to know what to do after an incident happens. I was just thinking about it just now. If I were piloting, and I crashed my model into, thereby injuring someone, would I know what to do at that point in time? How would I react? This applies to all beginners and experts alike.

Ask yourselves the same question. If you have an answer, and can act swiftly and decisively, then I'd say that you're well prepared. If you're like me, and your mind just goes blank, then I think Dave's post above is worth a read. At least you'll have an idea of the steps to take when faced with such a tragedy.

I came into RC not realising that I didn't, and wouldn't know what to do in the event of a crash injuring someone. Now, at least, I have a clearer picture. This is really really important. Most of us start flying and take it for granted that we wouldn't crash into people and injure them, including me.
                          "Risk assessment" does not mean knowing how to act and what to do AFTER something bad has happened.

It means figuring out what could possibly happen, and how to ensure it does not happen (or at least, steps to reduce the risk of it happening). Example, strict crowd control, designated areas, use spotters, etc.
                          ------------------------------
                          Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
                          NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

Originally posted by foxkilo View Post
                            "Risk assessment" does not mean knowing how to act and what to do AFTER something bad has happened.

It means figuring out what could possibly happen, and how to ensure it does not happen (or at least, steps to reduce the risk of it happening). Example, strict crowd control, designated areas, use spotters, etc.
                            By "Exactly my point", I meant for it to refer to when you said "Many things we do in life, leisure, and especially even at work, for some of us, carries some risk.", "But we don't stop doing the activity (that could be dangerous)..." and "Same thing for RC, or any leisure activity that carries some risk, even cycling and driving." in your previous post. That was my point in my previous posts. At no point in time did I say that risk assessment entails knowing what to do after something has happened. That'd be too late.

Knowing what to do after something has happened is also an important consideration. That's all I was trying to put across.

Comment

What were the people who were throwing the bottles at the helicopters trying to achieve?

A tragedy?

Well, they got what they were hoping for.
                              Tamiya Tiger I, M26 Pershing, Leopard 2A6, Scania R620/flatbed trailer, Wedico drop deck trailer

SG Tankies:

Comment

Originally posted by r32 View Post
                                What were the people who were throwing the bottles at the helicopters trying to achieve?
                                All in the name of fun. People do all kind of things to have fun.

Everyone has to start this hobby as newbie.

Comment

Working...
                                X